LOW CARB AND GLUTEN FREE YELLOW CAKE WITH DARK CHOCOLATE FROSTING

Learn how to make a yellow cake with dark chocolate frosting! 

Do you miss cake after moving to a low carb lifestyle? You can have your cake! Try this yummy low carb yellow cake with dark chocolate frosting.


I typically reserve low carb cakes for special occasions. Traffic to this site has been phenomenal this month. So, I decided to celebrate and treat myself to cake!
When made this blog , I was determined to make this website the absolute best it could be. Since then, I have spent many hours sharpening my photography skills as well as learning new blogging tricks.
If I had the time, I would write everything down in a book to share. There are so many things that are needed to succeed in blogging. Sometimes, you get a lucky break, but usually, success comes from tons of hard work.

I readily admit that I’m somewhat of a workaholic. I have probably spend way too many hours on this blog. However, it has all been worth it as I have seen such a huge improvement.
The biggest reward is when others tell me how much the site has helped them with their low carb of eating. It’s also great when readers write in and let me know how much they enjoyed a recipes. It’s these little things that keep me going!
I’ve reached a point where I have gotten a little smarter on time management and have been focusing my precious time on areas that count. I’ve also realized that I can’t do it all, no matter how hard I try.
Thank you guys! 

Ingredients:

CAKE:

  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cup almond flour
  • 3/4 cup coconut flour
  • 1/3 cup unflavored whey protein 
  • 1 1/4 cup Swerve 
  • 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3/4 cup butter 
FROSTING:

  • 1 cup butter 
  • 3 tablespoons heavy cream
  • 3/4 cup dark cocoa
  • 2 cups Swerve Confectioners 
  • 1 teaspoon SweetLeaf Stevia Drops


How it's made:

  1. Whip butter until fluffy.
  2. Mix in half the heavy cream.
  3. Slowly add the cocoa until blended in.
  4. Add powdered sweetener in batches, beating well after each addition.
  5. Whip in remaining heavy cream and stevia liquid. Add additional cream if needed.
  6. Frost cake as desired. Makes enough frosting for a 9-inch double layer cake.

Recipe Notes

Net carbs per slice: 4.6g
Erythritol carbs per slice: ~45g (no impact on blood sugar - mainly from frosting)
If you like our recipes, be sure to stay tuned on our Facebook page where we publish only the best recipes daily! To go to our page, click here!